Jacob Amir joined the firm in 2017 after practicing law for over fifteen years with another Westchester law firm and with the Westchester County Attorney’s Office. He has represented lenders, developers, real estate holding companies and other businesses on all commercial, construction and real estate litigation and transactional matters. Mr. Amir also counsels small and growing private corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships on governance, employment and business relations. Whether on a complex commercial litigation or a real estate acquisition, Mr. Amir’s approach is, first and foremost, to maintain a cost-effective and engaging approach towards strategically meeting his clients’ needs.
In addition to practicing law, Mr. Amir also sits on a local Zoning Board of Appeals, and is an Adjunct in the Pace University Graduate Center, where he has taught civil procedure, contracts and essential legal skills in the Paralegal Studies Program.
Representative matters include:
- Prevailing at trial protecting a client’s fee ownership in a mixed-use real property, against claims of fraud.
- Successfully obtaining reversing on appeal from a lower Court’s decision which denied a purchaser’s right to intervene and set aside a tax lien foreclosure of commercial real property.
- Obtaining summary judgment establishing a lender’s first priority lien against residential real property over claims by competing lenders and the fee owner.
- Representing a contractor against claims of defective work arising from the $16,000,000 rehabilitation of a Manhattan brownstone, resulting in a favorable discounted settlement.
- Bringing a federal civil rights action and negotiating a settlement on behalf of 20 gas stations following administrative ruling of underpayment of unemployment premiums.
- Representing a minority shareholder in the dissolution of an environmental company and companion action for fraud, waste and misappropriation of assets.
- Representing a non-profit community center on its $2,000,000 acquisition of adjacent commercial space, acquired for expansion purposes.
- Handling single-family, condominium and cooperative real estate acquisition and lease transactions for sellers and purchasers in Westchester and New York City.
- Counseling media and printing companies on leases, general business and intellectual property concerns.
New York State Bar Association
Westchester County Bar Associations
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D.
New York University, B.A.