Emanuela Lupu-Ferrante provides highly effective general counsel to co-ops and condos throughout New York City, Nassau and Suffolk counties bringing valuable expertise to all related board matters, including litigation, financing and corporate governance for her clients.
Ms.Lupu-Ferrante is a strong, astute litigator with experience covering varied commercial and residential issues, including construction, corporate, sponsor and shareholder disputes. She provides strong guidance to boards on corporate governance, sponsor issues, construction, shareholder defaults, fiduciary duties, and corporate document enforcement; negotiates construction contracts, antenna leases, laundry license agreements, and shareholder alteration agreements for co-op and condo clients; and advocates for condominium boards on construction issues and delivery of control from their sponsors.
Ms.Lupu-Ferrante also represents landlords and developers in refinancing underlying mortgages, financing projects and addressing other capital needs.
- Represented a cooperative board in upholding the eviction of two residents for violating the proprietary lease provision prohibiting smoking in its building. The court found the respondents were also liable for the co-op board’s legal costs.
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, Coop and Condo Committee of the New York City Bar Association.
- Speaker, November 2017 Cooperator Expo
- President of FSW Cheer, Inc., the cheerleading association of West Hempstead, N.Y.
- Member, Board of Directors, Franklin Square Raiders Soccer Club
- Member, Nassau County Women’s Democratic Caucus
- Speaker, March 2019 CAI Long Island Chapter Meeting
- "Hundreds of Thousands of Co-op Residents Shut Out of State’s Rent Relief Program," New York Focus (September 2021)
- "The Smoke Free Air Act," Habitat Magazine (October 2018)