My job is to earn the trust of my clients whether they are an individual or a large housing developer. To me, every client is equally important and deserves the same level of dedication to their case.
Gerald Kahn brings the breadth and depth of decades of legal experience to his work in the Litigation and Cooperative and Condominium practices of the firm, providing general representation to Co-op City, the world’s largest residential cooperative housing development. He joined the firm in 1994, after serving as chairman of the litigation department at Fink Weinberger, PC, where he handled civil and commercial litigation matters. He has represented litigants in courts of all jurisdictions throughout the metropolitan area for more than 60 years, earning the highly respected AV Preeminent Rating in legal ability and ethical standards from Martindale-Hubbell-Lexis Nexis. He was admitted to the bar of the State of New York in 1957 after serving two years in the United States Army.
- Advised the Cooperator Appeals Committee of Co-op City, handling cooperator disputes and appeals of fines.
- As court-appointed guardian and trustee for incapacitated persons in New York, is responsible for assets and estates with a combined value of approximately $8.5 million.
- Secured a $1.5 million judgment for a restaurant against a landlord after a jury trial in a dispute regarding installation of a sidewalk café, a finding affirmed by the New York Court of Appeals, resulting in a recovery of $1.8 million, including interest.
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, New York City Bar Association
- Member, New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Former delegate, Judicial Convention for the First Judicial District in the State of New York
- Democratic District Leader for the 67th Assembly District, Part A in New York County
- New York County Democratic Committee: Executive Committee, Judiciary Committee, Rules Committee
- AV Preeminent Rating in legal ability and ethical standards from Martindale-Hubbell-Lexis Nexis