I’ve learned how to navigate the bureaucracy of city government and work to get things accomplished in a way that means things work more efficiently. I try to listen to my clients and understand what they want, and always get the best results for them.
Krista Halpin’s practice reflects wide experience in all aspects of real estate, from residential transactions to advising on industrial development. She represents clients in the acquisition, financing, leasing, development and disposition of commercial, retail, industrial and residential properties. Board clients in the New York metro area rely on her expertise drafting governing documents for homeowner associations and condominiums, and reviewing management and other agreements. She meticulously coordinates with architects, consultants, the New York State Attorney General’s Office and the New York City Department of Finance to ensure the timely consummation of condominium and other real estate offerings.
Ms. Halpin provides a unique understanding of real estate law and government through her hands-on experience as Vice President of Compliance for the New York City Economic Development Corporation. There, she monitored real estate dispositions and company agreements for the corporation and the New York City Industrial Development Agency, chairing both organizations’ compliance committees and serving on NYDEC’s procurement committee. Clients benefit from her organizational expertise regarding the workings of state and local government, as well as legislation affecting tax incentives and mandatory reporting to state and local authorities.
- Purchasers and sellers of newly constructed and existing single family homes, condominium units, and cooperative apartments throughout the City of New York, Westchester, Nassau and Suffolk Counties.
- Sponsors of several condominium and cooperative ownership plans throughout the City of New York, Westchester, Nassau and Suffolk Counties.
- Tenant leasing headquarters for a startup investment firm in Manhattan.
- Serve as general counsel to an Industrial Development Agency in Westchester County.
- Institutional Lender in acquisition financing of industrial property in Suffolk County.
- Project company obtaining tax incentives from New York City Industrial Development Agency.
- Landlord leasing ground floor and cellar area of mixed use building in Manhattan.
- Serve as general counsel to Condominium, Cooperative and HOA Boards
- Institutional Lender in refinance of commercial property in Queens.
- Borrower in refinancing with hard money lender and subsequent institutional lender for multi-family property in Westchester County.
- Member, Real Property Law Section, New York Bar Association
- Member, Westchester Women's Bar Association
- Member, New York City Bar Association
- Director, Irish American Bar Association of New York