Matthew J. Smith
Matthew Smith provides superlative representation in civil, commercial and real estate litigation, as well as general cooperative and condominium representation. He supervises the firm’s default department, which has successfully tried and collected arrears on behalf of co-ops and condos throughout the New York City metro area. He prosecutes and defends all manners of civil litigation, including breach of contract actions, union disputes, personal injury claims, discrimination suits, shareholder disputes, construction defect claims and corporate governance actions. The firm’s clientele benefits greatly from the diligent attention Mr. Smith applies when negotiating and drafting contracts, shareholder and agency agreements and leases and licenses.
- Mr. Smith supervises the firm’s Default Department. Under his direct supervision the firm has successfully tried and collected arrears on behalf of our coop/condo clients.
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Yonkers Lawyers Association
- Community Association Institute
- Board Member, Rowayton Little League
- Board Member, Rowayton Youth Basketball
- Rowayton Civic Association
- Ivanhoe Lodge, Darien, CT
Clients value my creative thinking, logical reasoning, hard work and attention to detail as tools for helping them achieve the best possible results. My primary goal, when providing counsel for cooperative and condominium boards and other clients, is to help them accomplish their own business goals as effectively as I can.