I ensure that all my clients are instituting the best practices, helping employers mitigate risks to their business and to their employees. Whether navigating collective bargaining agreements or fighting claims, I am committed to the employer at every level.
Michael Mauro offers distinctive expertise to clients of his labor-management relations practice. He has extensive experience appearing before the National Labor Relations Board, an increasingly rare qualification, defending employers in federal appellate and state and local courts and representing management at arbitration and in daily collective bargaining agreement counseling.
Mr. Mauro advises management on employment contracts, employee handbooks and employee discipline, helping clients apply the best practices on documentation and employee discrimination processes.
He is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States and the Courts of Appeal for the 2nd, 3rd, 9th and District of Columbia circuits.
- Represented employers at the federal appellate level, winning a landmark decision before the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
- Defends employers in claims under federal, state and local statutes for Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), ERISA, the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), USERRA, the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act, breach of contract, covenants not to compete, and tort claims.
- The Implications of the Trump Administration in Wage and Hour Litigation: What you need to know, March 2017
- Customized Invite Attached - Unveiling The Changes to Federal Overtime Exemption Rule, May 2016
- The Proposed Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) White Collar Exemptions: What Every Company Should Know LIVE Webcast, November 2015
Member, New York State Bar Association